Erin Auto Care • Hartford, WI • (262) 673-9900

State-of-the-Art Expertise • Personal Neighborhood Service

Consumer guidance

Q: Can I keep my old parts?
A: Yes, you are entitled to retain your old parts. Just let us know and we will box them up for you or bring them to the counter for your inspection.
NOTE: If we install remanufactured or reconditioned parts, there will be a "core" charge if you wish to retain your old parts.

Q: Can my son or daughter authorize repairs?
A: A minor cannot be held to a contract in Wisconsin. For this reason, we need confirmation from a parent or guardian for any repair or service over $50 that is authorized by a minor.

Q: I'd really like to bring my car to Erin Auto Care for routine service and repairs, but the salesman at the dealer where I bought it said that doing so would void my warranty. Is this true?
A: NO! According to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 (15 U.S.C. ti15 ch 50 #2301(c)), you have the right to take your car to any repair facility that you choose -- AND it is illegal for your dealer to say otherwise. More about warranties and your rights.

Q: I took my car to another shop and the bill was way more than the estimate. Is this legal?
A; NO! You are entitled to a written estimate for any repair over $50. A shop may not go over the estimate without obtaining your approval for a specific additional amount. (Wisconsin ATCP 132)